We find it crazy to think how much our lives have changed this year, we never imagined we’d move to Dubai and now we have been living here for almost 4 months. I think we are still in the honeymoon phase of our new life and new home but I enjoy living in Dubai so much more than I did in London and while I do feel homesick being so far from family and friends we really feel like we can settle here for a few years. Living in Dubai has been an experience like no other for us and we wanted to round up a few of our favourite things about living here and also some of the best things we’ve done since moving to the UAE.
3 best things about living in Dubai:
- The endless options for eating out: we eat out a lot in Dubai and I mean A LOT. We have probably been out for more breakfasts, lunches, dinners and drinks in 3 months here than in our whole time in London. There are so many places to choose from that there is always somewhere and something new to try but you’ll also find your favourites that you’d happily go along to as much as possible if you didn’t have a little voice in your head reminding you that you should try to save at least a little bit of money.
- The weather! Of course the weather was going to be one of our favourites. After 25 years of the cold and rain in the UK we were due some sunshine. In our first couple of months it was between 40 – 50 degrees C each day and pretty humid so we avoided being outside during the day as much as possible but now that winter is coming we can enjoy walks at the beach or along the marina, sitting outside at restaurants or on our balcony and just not having to carry a coat/umbrella/scarf/gloves ’cause you never know what the weather will be like.
- Living by the beach: Rhys grew up in a seaside town and being by the sea is something I really enjoy so one the the most exciting things about moving to Dubai for me was having the opportunity to live by the beach. On one side of us we have the Marina and on the other side we have the beach and there is something so calming and relaxing about being by the water.
3 favourite things we’ve done since moving to Dubai:
- Our first time jet-skiing: we went jet-skiing at Al Mamzar in our first month, you can read more about it here and also see our first Go-Pro video.
- Our second mini-moon in Abu Dhabi: over a long weekend we caught a bus to Abu Dhabi and took time to relax at the St Regis after a hectic 6 months of completely changing our lives, went on the world’s fastest rollercoaster and visited the biggest mosque in the UAE.
- The brunch experience: because what’s not to love about unlimited food and drinks? We’ve been to Lattitude and Saffron in Dubai and Villa Toscana in Abu Dhabi and each of them had a different setup and atmosphere but were equally indulgent.
So far these are some of the things we have enjoyed most about our new life but we are sure that as the months (and years!) roll on we are going to find even more things to love about this city! Are you ready to move to Dubai yet? 😛